Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Building Our Home - Week 10

It was GORGEOUS Sunday (January 31), so Dals and I decided to go run around (well Dally ran - no exercise for me!) and we looked at our progress.  Ben now can finally "picture" what our house will look like (even though we walked through this exact house when we were picking out floor plans) which is making him FINALLY get excited about this decision.  I have been excited from day 1, but it's now become a different kind of excitement for me.  I'm excited to eventually bring home our babies to this house.  I'm excited for beautiful mornings spent chatting with friends, drinking coffee, overlooking our beautiful view from the deck.  I'm excited for family gatherings around our 10 foot table built by my father and mother's own hands.  I'm excited for BBQ's with friends.  I'm excited to BUILD our life out there.

Front view
Week 10 progress picture (from my spot in the wheat field where we may or may eventually find a blank patch in the wheat in summer - whoops!)
South side - garage
North side
Back view - that deck is going to be amazing
.
So story about me laying on my back to take this picture of the overhead rafters.
I may have laid on our "floors" and stared up through the rafters.  I pondered life a bit in the quiet of the country.  My thoughts: What a beautiful life God provides for us - the ups, downs, mundane, exciting, terrible, wonderful, beautiful life He provides. 

Dals is very curious and checks EVERYTHING out
See that sawdust in the middle, left-hand side of this photo - yes, Dally marked her territory already.
Pano view of the main level

No comments:

Post a Comment