Friday, January 1, 2016

Building Our Home - Weeks 4, 5, and 6

Due to weather, not a whole lot has changed out at the house.  We officially have all the foundation poured and cement floors.  Started with one day of framing - hoping in the coming weeks that things will look quite a bit different!

Week 4

Week 4 brought a LOT  of rain!  Mom, Dad, Clay, Sam and Sawyer came to visit and finally got to see the progress. 




Ben and I got (I use that word loosely - it was more like had) to go up and pick out all PLUMBING FIXTURES!  Oh yeah, just as fun as it sounds.  He was thrilled, but he was much more helpful than I thought he would be!

See, he's thrilled

Yes that's our tub - Yes I took it for a test run

Our copper sink! Ben let me splurge - sure hope I like it as much as I think I will

Week 5

This picture is deceiving - week 5 brought SNOW and ICE - oh and the holidays, which means not a whole lot of work done.

 .

.

Look at those floors!!

Week 6

The ice and a little snow may have still been here, but framing day #1 happened!  It's a soupy mess out there (Ben wasn't impressed when we went out there to take some pictures).

Week 6

.

I see a little framing!!

.

Because building a house in the middle of winter makes a whole lot of sense

No comments:

Post a Comment