Thursday, March 31, 2016

Later Nights and Earlier Mornings

I love daylight savings time.  I love that when I get off work I actually have some daylight to do things and it doesn't feel like I should just go home and go to bed.  I love getting to spend some time with Ben outside.  I love getting to take Dally for walks when it's warm and light.  I love that it means harvest and summer busyiness is just around the corner.  I don't necessarily like the work schedule change my husband has to have, but I'm sure that neither does he.  No one likes working 12-14 hour days, but this year I am making a promise to be out there more.  Even if that means dinner on tractors and Dally and I taking our evening walk through a field of half cut wheat.  I love this life (I do complain about it sometimes though too) and if being present and together means sitting in that uncomforable buddy seat, I am going to do it.

For now I am going to enjoy evening drives and walks down country roads with two people that make my heart pretty darn happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment