Friday, September 30, 2016

Building Our Home - **LATE POST** Moving Weekend!!

324 days or 10 months and 19 days  later - we MOVED!!  The process was stressful at times, but man, it was equally as fun and exciting!  I think the most fun for me was walking through the house (almost every day) and watching it come together day by day and also picking out flooring, countertops, backsplash and paint!  I know that the "choosing" stage isn't one a lot of people enjoy or think is super stressful, but man, I could do that every day!!

So this picture was from October 5th, right before our moving crew of friends and family showed up.

 

The "wood-looking" siding and limestone look amazing together, couldn't be happier with it!






We had some extra stone from the front of the house, so our builder suggested a fire pit!  Excited to use this guy!

 

Let's just say she LOVES it in the country.  She runs miles and miles out around the house!


The deck is wonderful!  Up until recently I forced Ben to sit on it with me for suppers and as many cups of coffee or glasses of wine that I could fit in!


This view!!




Disclaimer - there will be MANY more pictures of Dally on this tour!

This is the bonus room - I LOVE this carpet.


Aren't my little helpers adorable?


There is now a sectional, craft table and lots of craft supplies taking up this space.  The light fixtures Katie and I found for up here just completed this space.  Yes - those walls are purple.








The view from two of our living room windows.


This limestone is the same as what is on the front of the house.

 


They did so good on the beams in the living room.

 
 

Engineered hardwood floors through the living room, dining room, and kitchen.


Kitchen and dining room






Doors to the deck from the dining room


Excited for this find - these look great over the table hand built by my Dad.


Speaking of table - this is the beautiful, gorgeous, 10 foot table hand-built by my dad (and mother and sister!).  Out of everything in the house, this is what people comment the most on, and rightfully so!  I can't wait for all the memories made around this table.

We had to assemble it on sight - who knew a 10 foot table was so heavy? :)












Door to the deck from our master bedroom.  I love having access from our room to the deck - I can't wait until it warms up again.



I've never done a dark color like this before, but I am so glad we did!  Loving the navy.


The reality of moving - it's messy!



Master bath.  This is probably one of my favorite rooms in the whole house and mostly because of the tile in this room.  It is amazing!! I'm thankful that Michelle at Star Lumber helped me and pushed me to be bold with my choices.  Not regretting a single one.  The floors in here are ceramic tile that look like old barn wood and mixed with that is the white brick of the back splash and plain white quartz countertops.


Barry Gaskill at Gaskill Custom Cabinetry did a wonderful job on all of our cabinets throughout the house.


I spend more time in this tub than one person should.



Ceiling to floor tile in the shower - have I mentioned how much I love this tile?







Walk in closet






Laundry room




Another fun floor (which may seem familiar - same tile is used in the kitchen as the backsplash!) which goes from the garage entrance, through the pantry and in the laundry room.


Pantry




Bedrooms and jack-n-jill upstairs











Powder bath



Staircase to basement




This pallet wall is made from pallets that have been at the farm for many years.  None of the boards were stained!




Another little helper pic!



Wet bar



Michelle and I were pretty excited about using these subway tiles with this quartz!






Ben's office




Ben was pretty excited to finally get to hang his deer canvas, finally!







Bathroom off the office



Downstairs bedrooms & jack-n-jill















MOVING DAY!!



This is just some of the people who came out to help us move.  We can't thank all of our friends and family enough for all the help they willingly gave this weekend!! We love you all and couldn't have done it without you.

Here are the random pictures we took throughout the day...



These two were troopers with me over the 10 months from listening to me talk about where nails had been hammered that day, to writing prayers on the studs, going to KC to pick up 10,000 jars, moving boxes for me when I was at work and all the days in between.  Thank you doesn't do it justice.



The moving of the white chairs - inside joke! ;) 























Thank you guys for moving me many, many times over the last few years.  Cheers to moving for the last time ever!!



Moving is exhausting.



Surreal.  That was and is still how I feel living here.  I can't wait for this house to be filled with friends and family and how many precious memories will be made here.  God has provided us beyond what we deserve and we hope to be able to use this home to raise children who know and love Him and to grow ourselves and everyone who comes through here.  Here's to forever, Ben!

Special thanks to David Kahmann (Kahmann Construction) and all the subs he hired out for helping us through this process and building us the home of our dreams.  Michelle at Star Lumber for making the choosing of literally everything in our home so easy and enjoyable and thanks for pushing me to not be boring and do what I really loved!  Barry Gaskill (Gaskill Custom Cabinetry) for the beautiful cabinets.  I'm sure I've forgotten some other key people - please know we appreciate all the hard work that was put into our forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment