Saturday, November 21, 2015

Building Our Home - Week 1

So I decided that since I am out at the site every day taking pictures, I might as well keep everyone up to date on what we are up to each week!

Week 1

Monday, November 16th it all began.  We met Dave out at the site to get it all staked out for the next crew to come and dig out the basement.  As the men all talked angles and how water would run off, I naturally took pictures.

Monday, November 16 - staking out for the foundation!

Friday, November 20 - digging of the basement

First bucketful of that red dirt!

My friend had the great idea of a weekly progress picture from the same spot - so here it is - week 1!


Week 1 view from the driveway


I may have made Ben go out with me after I got off work on Friday, even though it was dark.  I just couldn't wait to see it all!
Came back on Saturday, November 21 to see that we have a completely dug basement and it just blew my mind how they do all this so quickly!

We have a "basement"!
 As I finish writing this, my emotions have gotten the best of me once again.  Those of you who know me, this is no surprise whatsoever (I tend to have SO MANY FEELINGS!).  As I wipe tears from my eyes, I open my Bible to read about giving the glory back to the one who made all these things possible.  I hope to live my life in a way that honors His way and shows others the greatness there is in a life with Jesus.

Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.  Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."

No comments:

Post a Comment