Monday, November 30, 2015

Precious Sawyer Rose

My heart grew bigger than I ever thought it could on November 25, 2015.  This was the day my precious niece, Sawyer Rose made her entrance into this world.  Ben and I took off on our 7 hour trip Wednesday night after work, luckily beating all the snow and ice!  A few hours into the trip we Face Timed my brother and got to speak to he, Samantha and my family for a few minutes.  As we got off the call, Clay jokingly said "Gotta go, we're having a baby!".  Little did he know, 5 minutes later when the doctor came in to check Samantha, baby Sawyer was already making her appearance!  The doctor slipped with "Shit", apologized because he never cusses, and politely asked my family to leave because there was little Sawyers head appearing.  20 minutes later, my beautiful sister-in-law and brother became parents.  She was born at 7:07 and came into this world weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long!

I may have been traveling on an emotional roller coaster that entire road trip.  I went from overjoyed, to sad I wasn't there, to overly excited, to very angry that no one was keeping me in the loop.  I may have gotten a little (by a little I mean a lot) angry at my mom and sister for not telling me ANYTHING!!  Two hours later, I finally got some service and my brother Face Timed me and introduced me to the most beautiful little girl that I had ever seen.





You did so good, Momma.



Over the next few days, we just spent time together, never letting Sawyer "Poppy" out of our hands or sight!  The Shirley's and Payne's enjoyed an amazing spread Friday night for Thanksgiving - this year we all had something incredibly special to be thankful for.

This daddy doesn't walk by those cheeks without giving them a smooch or two!



Uncle Ben and I are smitten.

Her hands..

These two are some pretty great parents and make one adorable baby.

Hers cheeks were pretty chilly - Auntie Amanda warmed them right up.

Game day ready! Go Cats!




I mean those cheeks tho..
Sawyer Rose this is my prayer for you - I pray that you will always know the love we have for you - that you will test your Daddy - that you will be ornery at times and kind at others - that you would follow your dreams - that you would come visit your Aunt Amanda and Uncle Ben on the farm - that you would grow into a strong woman (but not too quickly!) - that you will at least humor your father and try bow hunting - that you will know Him and His word - most of all that you would know what an amazing addition you have been not only to your mommy and daddy's family, but to all of ours as well.

My heart is so full.

Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment