Saturday, November 21, 2015

Life Update

So, it's been almost 4 months since I've been on here (whoops!)  Here's a few tidbits of what we've been up to.

The fair is a pretty big deal here in Harper County.  As a Farm Bureau board member, my husband (and I tagged along) rode through the parade and then served watermelon to all the fair goers.  We passed a little time with some piggy-back rides and some pretend gun fights.  Kids sure do love Ben!


Our friends moved out to the country and we enjoyed some nights sitting out on the deck, just enjoying the summer together!

Sometimes you don't outgrow the silliness.

Had to throw this one in there because this seems to be a nightly ritual now.


We took an hour and a half trip just to have dinner with my parents.  Yes, I still get homesick at age 26.  Mom loaded me up with homegrown tomatoes, homemade peach preserves, sand plum jelly, and chocolate chip cookies.


In September, a co-worker and I got to travel to Miami to a compounding conference!  We didn't get to see much of the city (or the beach :( ) but we got to learn so much about compounding prescriptions.  This is such an important part of what we do because we can personalize medications to those with certain sensitivities, allergies and other special needs!  It was a great few days to say the least.
Dally was pretty excited when I got home - I think she missed me. 

My niece, now days away from making her arrival (today was her due date!) was celebrated with a gorgeous shower.  My SIL, the beautiful momma-to-be, looked great and got a lot of cute stuff.  My sister and I may have gone a little onesie crazy (yes we made her these - and like 6 more!), but how can you resist making such cute things for (what I personally think will be) such a beautiful baby?




One of our Sunday school kids, made it to state XC!  We are so proud of Brandon, who finished 29th at the state meet!


Ben's parents left for a week and we got to keep Ozzy!  Dally's face tells you exactly how excited we all were for this (or maybe that was just Dally and I).  It was a good week and both pups were pretty exhausted for a few days after.


 In October the pharmacy gained another family member.  Kathryn is a beautiful baby and may already have all of us wrapped around her tiny finger.


Did I mention that I'll have a niece ANY DAY?!  I couldn't be more excited.  I had to post this picture - first time dad humor.  My brother thinks he's pretty funny (this time he is actually right).  I CANNOT wait to meet and love on her, this crazy aunt is ready!



These were just a few moments from our last four months.  We have mostly been working and just living life. 

We also started on our home!!! - see the next post for all the pictures on that (yes, I'm THAT person who takes pictures almost daily).

No comments:

Post a Comment