Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Young Farmers and Ranchers 2015

This last weekend we had the opportunity to travel to Manhattan to learn more about Ben's profession! Growing up around cattle only, left me pretty clueless when it comes to the farming aspect.


Farm Bureau sends young people to the Young Farmers and Ranchers convention each year. Ben and I were lucky enough to be able to attend this year. The convention consisted of key note speakers and 3 breakout mini sessions. The session that was geared more towards me was the Harvest Meals: How To! This year will be the first year I will be able to help Karen, my mother-in-law with harvest meals for the guys!  I learned a lot from how to plan them out to how absolutely wonderful an electric pressure cooker is!! Katie and I were both suckered in and had to make a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond before heading home to grab one for ourselves!! 


Did I mention I won a drawing! Yep, that's me with my awesome herbicide that I won!  This happened right after Ben's name was drawn (he won a bag chair) and I think my exact words were "I never win ANYTHING!" 

We got to see Emily, Jeff and Allie while we were there which just put the cherry on the top of another great weekend! 


We also found out that I'm absolutely horrible at darts. Let's just say Katie gave me the smack down...twice. But I did get one bulls-eye! 



I love what Ben does, all the hardwork he puts into it, and how passionate about everything he is! I'm proud to be a farmers wife! 

No comments:

Post a Comment