Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Building Our Home - Weeks 41 thru 45 **LATE!!**

Sooo...I was terrible about updating this blog!!  Here are the pictures from the month of September - the last month they worked on the house!  We are now in it and LOVING the country.

Hardwood installation


Hard to get a good picture of these lights, but they're perfect!


Pantry


Fireplace!


Bonus lighting


Wet bar


Kitchen


Our bathroom - hard to choose but this definitely turned out to be my favorite floor!


Wet bar



Guest/future children bathrooms




I think we will have plenty of places to sit!


I MIGHT have made Ben go out to the house with me to measure most every room and closet in the house in preparation for our upcoming weekend in KC - see later pictures.  While we were out there we MIGHT have gotten caught in a huge storm! Whoops.  But turns out it was a good thing we were there, as we found out that all of our doors weren't sealed and every west door in the house leaked lots of water...


Oh, and it was super muddy due to them just doing dirt work to pour cement...I almost lost both shoes, but we made it back to town in one, dirty, piece!


KC weekend- myself along with Katie and Caitlin met Emily in KC for a weekend to get stuff for the house.  This meant two stops - IKEA (might have gone there twice) and Nebraska Furniture Mart.  We may have bought more cartfuls of stuff than I like to admit, but wow what a fun, exhausting weekend!


These three were troopers for me and my indecisiveness!


Carpet!

They painted the back siding.



This was the first time Em had seen the house since the sheetrock stage!  I think she approved.


I'm in love with this sink.



A couple of our IKEA purchases that we put together!



The story behind this picture - when our appliances were delivered everything fit like a dream...except for the drier! :(  Luckily, our finish guys were able to take off some trim, get it in place and replace the trim!


I love this tub!


I couldn't resist enjoying the deck - even though the railing wasn't up yet!  Thanks for sharing some vino and quality time with me, Katie!




CD was one of our helpers throughout the week!



Shutters and sod!



The railing was finished and we enjoyed one beautiful sunset - many more to come!


Remember that KC trip?  Well the next few pictures show the fruits of that trip!  I LOVE IKEA AND NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART.  I may now have a problem...






The first week in October I had every afternoon off.  Me and a few friends (thanks Katie and Caitlin) packed and moved some small stuff and then unpacked what seemed like a ton of things!  This snapchat represents me so well...never again will that fridge be that clean or even remotely that clean!

 

Mother Nature laughed in our faces October 6th - the night we had friends lined up to help us move some of the big stuff.  It POURED right after this picture, but much to MN dismay and my delight, we ended up getting some stuff moved after the rain clouds had moved on!


No comments:

Post a Comment