Sunday, June 12, 2016

Harvest...so far

Lots of sweat, prayers and hard work had been put into this ground to get to harvest time. The long hours spent working the fields, planting, spraying and kneeling in prayer over it has produced a bountiful crop so far!  Praise God for all the rain we got this year! Our wheat and farmers greatly appreciated it!

This year I have made it a priority that after I drop off meals, Dally and I hop in whatever machine Ben happens to be in at the moment and spend some time with him. He is putting in long hours and we sure miss him at home! I'm not so sure that he always enjoys my constant babbling, but he never seems to complain!  I have it pretty easy as a farm wife at harvest. My mother in law is a rockstar. She makes all the meals and all I do is deliver them out after work and bring the dishes back to her clean!  Not much, but I try to contribute! 








Tonight we had some special helpers on the harvest crew! Robyn brought Cohen and Gibson out to ride the combine with us. Yep, all 5 of us piled in there!  Cohen was pretty impressed with all the combines and tractors and Gibby just wanted to hold Dally!  Cohen did such a good job that Mike said he could join their crew next year too! What a fun night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment