Saturday, December 31, 2016

December '16

December was full of many highs and lows and a lot of grace and love from Jesus, our friends and family.

Sawyer Rose helped us put up our tree...



I love small town Christmas..


We also saw two pink lines on December 6th.  To say we were excited was an understatement.  I actually found out in a hotel room in Manhattan and went to Target with my sister and "secretly" or not so secretly bought two sets of onesies...one blue and one pink.  That was a hard 3.5 hour ride home keeping that from Ben!  We got home and I unloaded everything while Ben was taking care of Dally.  When we had settled in, I brought in the onesies and a tiny little stocking and showed them to him...His reply..."those are cool, who's pregnant now?" :)  well dear, according to the two pregnancy tests I took we were!  We were so excited and couldn't keep it in.  We have a pact with my siblings that when one of us has this news, we always share it with them before anyone else.  So on Clay's birthday we FaceTimed him to tell him Happy Birthday and give him the present of becoming an uncle for the first time!  They were so excited and Clay just had this goofy grin on his face the whole time.  I finally asked why he looked like that and Samantha replied, "Well..." "We have news for you too" Clay told us!  They were expecting as well!! Exactly 8 days before we were!  Lots of joy if you can imagine happened after that.  We threetime FaceTimed with Emily to let her know she was going to be an aunt x2 .. she cried!

On December 15th I woke up and just didn't feel right and felt like I should test again for some reason...somehow our gut is always right.  Both tests that morning came back negative.  I of course cried and Ben, my ever leveled headed husband, told me not to worry and to just give my doctor a call.  They of course got me in right away - they're awesome BTW - for bloodwork, just to confirm anything before figuring out the next move.  So on to Wichita we went, got blood drawn, went to Dopps for an adjustment (of course), went home to wait and then the phone call came.  The levels were almost zero and Dr. Cline told us that we in fact were not pregnant and we had what was called a "chemical pregnancy".  All I could do was say thank you for getting us in so quickly and when he told me that our God had a plan for us that we didn't understand yet I just started bawling.  A bath and a pretty amazing supper brought over by friends, and lots of hugs and tears later we began moving on...Again.  Luckily God had pulled me out of my valley earlier that year when we lost baby C in January and I had what I had learned through that process to lean on, and some major love from friends and family.

December 15, 2016 "Some days I'm more thankful for this hand
that guides me, steadies me when I stumble and holds me together
when I fall apart.  Today is one of those days."

Christmas rolled around and brought lots of joy that we desperately needed.

I am so thankful for all these ladies - bible study Christmas.

December 19, 2016 "Lots of love in this picture.  Lots of ups and downs and
in betweens - but when surrounded by people who love you and pray for you
life's a whole lot easier.  Couldn't imagine doing life without these ladies (and
the few that were missing) #merryCHRISTmas

Sawyer Rose was the highlight, obviously!  Here are some pictures I got from my Christmas CAMERA!!


Dally was naturally my first test subject.


Seriously, how sweet is miss Sawyer Rose?  How can you not be happy and have a full heart with her around?





















We hosted our first Cather Christmas at our new home in the country!  Of course there was a lot of good food and even better company.









At Christmas I get a week off at work, which is a blessing.  Apart from Christmas gatherings, Dally and I did a lot of lounging until we started going a little stir crazy.  Luckily the weather was beautiful and there is always something going on at the farm.  So we loaded up to see what Ben was up to.  He happened to be checking cattle and hauling a few loads as well, so we hopped in and rode along (with my new camera in hand, of course!).

December 27, 2016 "We've both got a lot more of this planned for 
this week!  #loungingwithDals #9daysoff"



December 29, 2016 "When the man you love walks around the corner of the
big, scary truck #fromthemindofDally #pharmwifefarmlife #CandCfarms






We also took a lot of coffee breaks and went to see our friend, Kamber, at Higher Grounds Leather Bounds.  She loves Dally and makes a mean caramel macchiato.

December 30, 2016 "Nothing better than a coffee and someone who loves
my dog as much as I do!  Thanks for spoiling Dally @kamber30 ! 
#HGLB #Dally 


I also got some target practice in with friends - and yes I actually hit something - I was a little overly excited.

December 30, 2017 "And some days you just have to shoot things! 
Note the bottle @ktmama1 sent flying. #mightyhuntress"

No comments:

Post a Comment